We are looking for a vet with a strong interest in behavioural medicine to help us on a part-time, full-time or casual basis. A maternity leave position (12 months) is also available.
You will be based at our head office in Monterey in south-eastern Sydney, but your consultations will be performed either in clients’ homes throughout Sydney, or by teleconsultation.
When not performing house calls, you are welcome to work from home, or may choose to work at our head office in the company of your team (whatever works best for you). Our office (which is not open to the public) is a 300m stroll from Monterey beach, and we have been known to have ‘walking meetings’ along the beach from time to time!
Our casual office space comes fully equipped with all the mod cons needed to run a busy office with multiple staff, yet is set in a relaxed environment where staff can choose to dress comfortably on their office days (trackies and ugg boots are encouraged!). Our pantry is fully stocked with real tea, coffee, chocolates, cookies, soft drinks… and we also take requests!
Although you will be responsible for your own medical cases, our new industry-leading Integrated Care Plan means that you will share many cases with our in-house PhD animal behaviourist. This results in more thorough, personalised behaviour management plans, better client compliance and ultimately, better patient outcomes.
Although you will be required to work on your own when you are doing house calls or working from home, our team of three behaviour vets, animal behaviourist and admin staff are never too far away from the other end of the phone line, online on Teams, or in-person for clinical and moral support. Our highly competent administrative staff (two of whom are also qualified dog trainers) aim to make your life as easy as possible so you can focus on what you do best: spend time on your cases.
Our select clientele is generally referred by veterinarians or dog trainers as our practice is very well-known and highly trusted in our professional community. Our clients are deeply committed to finding solutions for their pets’ behavioural problems and as such we have a very high compliance rate for following our behaviour management plans, which is very refreshing in this industry!
The successful applicant MUST have:
- a degree in veterinary science (B.VSc. or DVM) and at least 3 years’ clinical veterinary experience;
- the clinical knowledge and skills to be able to practice high quality veterinary behavioural medicine;
- a detailed understanding of science-based, force-free training;
- experience in performing full behavioural consultations and in writing behaviour management programs;
- either a MANZCVS in Veterinary Behaviour, or be able to demonstrate a commitment to working towards such a qualification, or have completed the CVE course in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine, or a similar course in behaviour;
- a current driver’s license, as house calls within Sydney metro (and occasionally surrounding regional areas) form a large component of the work. You will be required to use your own car to perform these consultations (and be reimbursed for your travel expenses).
- an ability to explain difficult concepts clearly to clients both verbally and in written form;
- a natural ability to empathise and provide reassurance to frustrated clients who are struggling to deal with their pet’s behaviour problems;
- superb written and interpersonal communication skills;
- a strong drive to perform when working alone;
- excellent medical record-keeping skills with an acute attention to detail;
- proficiency in operating a computer including competency in the use of Google Apps (Calendar, Drive) and Microsoft Apps (Teams and Outlook);
- a team-spirit, a desire to collaborate with and help your peers; and
- fresh ideas and initiative- we are a growing and ever-evolving practice!
Immediate start preferred. Terms are negotiable and will be commensurate with experience. Please address any questions, your cover letter and CV with the contact details of recent referees to our Practice Manager, Mr Jesse McLachlan email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone.